Shop Evil Valentine | Preloveds | Ask.fm | ohmyshermin@hotmail.com

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Trigger;

Hold on, before I start, let me pimp EV a little while I can. (I'm thinking of donating half of my profits of EV towards the Japan earthquake's victims by the way. It might not be a big/substantial amount, but I hope it still can save/help in resurrecting's somebody life/dreams, etc)


***~*~EVIL VALENTINE~*~***
follow us on Twitter for the latest updates too!! ^_______^v

We got a little trigger (or should I say, shutter?) happy during the shoot, and since we only have a limited number of designs to shoot, we basically had 20 minutes to spare after finishing the products shots... so we started to spam some shots that are irrelevant to the webstore HAHAHA.

I mean, you're armed with a DSLR in your hands, and you're inside in a studio with awesome lightning, are you sure you don't want to take advantage of that hmmm? ;D

BEHIND THE SCENESSSSS | PHOTOSHOOT:

My face looks hideous in the above picture, so I just cropped it off and went as Miss Headless!

I was bored so I did a mini edit right thar in Photoshop~~~

"Fallen" will be the name for C02! The starbust acid tie-dye midi dress featured in this little 'poster' is from C01 though! Do visit EVILVALENTINE to purchase it if you like it enough. ;D It's only going for $25.90! Hello?! Where do you get such deals, hmm?! Yes, this is me pimping my webstore further.

Sorry, we are running low on advertising costs. (Oh wait, we don't even have any advertising costs to start off with LOL)

I'll do a proper image/preview for C02 in due time hahaha. The clothes featured/offered in C02 will differ from the ones in C01 by quite a bit, but the general style will still remains. This time round, I'm the one solely doing all the merchandizing (C01 had a mixture of styles between both me and my partner) while L is happily frolicking away in the Land of the Thousand Smiles, so if C02 ends up like a flop too... then blame me lol!

I kid, she's down there doing srs bzn of stocking for her own personal webstore as well! She got the same ring I bought in SG for.... $10 over there. And I bought it for $30.

FML this is triggering me to get a air ticket to Bangkok right now.

I don't know what the difference in style will bring, but if C02 still ends up as a flop... I honestly don't mind just giving up on the webstore and just leave it stagnant. There's no point in investing into it if it's not gonna bring back any profits. I've planted in all my savings/salary from my part-time job into this venture, and I really want it to work out so badly, but if circumstances doesn't allow that to happen... then so be it.

I do have a little sneak peek on what we're gonna offer for C02 though! (Continue reading and you'll reach there soon enough).


L WAS TRYING TO BE ALL PHOTOGRAPHER-ISH SO THIS IS A CANDID OF ME.... but i posed for it anyway HAHAH. We put on minimal amounts of make-up on that day. (Not even foundation, concealer or anything... fml). All I/we put on was eyeliner and lipgloss (L had additional blusher haha). Hence the disgusting pictures.... again. :(


Then I got a little too trigger happy myself and spammed shots of L too hehehe.


Oh, and while being at the shoot, there's a few happenings as well. We saw a few other blogshops as well... and let's just say one of them/one particular model wasn't very kind while another one (of another webstore) was so incredibly nice.

The nicer model in question, was doing her make-up at the changing room but me and L had to remove our make-up. We went to the toilet first but the lights were out so we couldn't remove our make-up properly without light shining into the mirror. This nice model offered to lend us her make-up space (nice deed #1!) and her mirror too... not only that, she even offered to lend us her make-up remover (nice deed #2!) cause me and L are make-up n00bs HAHAHA. This might sound like nothing to y'all but it means quite a bit to me. Little acts of nice-ness are heartwarming, no? And let's move on to the not-so-nice model.

When she walked in, she shot us judgemental stares (what for? we were busy steaming our clothes or just sitting down waiting) when we weren't even doing anything. Then the owner of the webstore and her exchanged some words, and the owner also did the same, but not as obvious as she did.

Hmm, weird and awkward, getting eyestares from the same pair of eyes consecutively... I gave the model of that particular webstore the benefit of doubt and tried to think of her stares (and an almost-eyeroll) as her default expression because I know some people just look... dao when they're not smiling (ME! HAHAHA) so I just forgotten about it after a while.

Then fast-forward to the (HOOKED ON FLEA @ ORCHARD HOTEL TAB) just yesterday.

I was just walking around, flea-ing, visiting my friends who had a stall and etc.

And guess what? ^____^v

Saw the same model AGAIN.
Saw the same owner AGAIN.
Okay, coincidence. I'd have preferred it if she had ignored my prescene, but no?!
And this time, she pointed me outright to her friends/the same owner again and they were ALL darting some sort of conspicious eye-stares at me AND my friend. D00d, maybe you've some bad blood with me (i don't know?!) but do you have some kind of untold grudge with my friend too?! Seriously, WHAT THE FUCK DID I DO TO WARRANT ALL THOSE JUDGEMENTAL EYE-STARES d00d?! DO YOU KNOW HOW R00D IT IS TO KEEP STARING AT ME?!

Maybe it's just me being insensitive, but both L (at the shoot) and my friend (at the flea) felt SUPER uncomfortable with the stares, so it's not just me. And it's not as if we stepped on their tails to begin with.

Okay. Happy things, managed to score this amazing knitwear at the flea for ten bucks and two rings together for 6! Total damage = $16. Not baddddd ^___^v


OH, OH, OH BEFORE I FORGET.
.
..
...

SNEAK PEEK FOR C02.





This is just a FRACTION of what we're gonna offer. This time round, I opted more for variety/designs/quality rather than quantity! Hence, limited pieces for everything! :D Decided to bring in the crowd's favourites, but yet, offered at an even more competitive pricing! I saw some products that we've over at Far East as well (just a little amount, probably about 10% of what we've haha) but they're priced at twice the amount?! Blasphemous haha!

Oh, and yes, those are shitty pictures of the upcoming products but I'm still waiting for L to come back from BKK before we can proceed with anythingggg, e.g. the photoshoot and the pricings, etc.

But anyway, what you can expect for C02: Topshop-inspired Scalloped Hem Tops (3 COLOURS: BLACK, CREAM, ELECTRIC BLUE). They're made of superior quality and material, and they're not sheer (except for the cream one), unlike the ones that are from Topshop itself! Ironic huh? :P Also, do expect ripped/studded denims, woodlands-inspired accessories, raw-edge tank dress, stripe maxi trenchcoat, tribal poncho, laced-trim bohemian chiffon (received a feedback that we should bring in more chiffon... so :'D) poncho, chained vest (with leatherette panel and chiffon drapessss zomg!), and KNITWEARRRRR. IN 3 FREAKING GORGEOUS COLOURS AGAIN - Cream, Black and Coffee Brown! The colours/fit is so flattering I swear. They literally go well with anything! *__* If nobody is getting them, I call dibs, hah!

I got lazy with bringing the camera out lately, hence the wordy/text posts instead of visuals. Plus, I've a lot of things to vent out lately too, hah. I think this post is a bit more visually appealing than usual though, while being a little wordy at the same time, haha. I call it an equal mix! :'D

--

This is a totally irrelevant sidenote, but I've been rethinking a few issues and rearranging my priorities lately... and I've decided to carry on with EV. I'll also be kicking away a bad habit/side-job I've been dabbling in soon enough, no matter how much inconvenience and damage it can cause me. I know this sounds cryptic, but hopefully it won't come back to plague me when I'm over with it.

:(

Was watching the news like a hawk these days (ahem, something I don't do so often) because of the recent 9.0 magnitude Japan Earthquake. :( This disaster is especially devasating. :( Loads of people have been killed in this natural disaster... even small kids who hasn't even seen enough of the world yet. Why is the world so cruel towards Asia?! China, Indonesia, and now Japan. Worst of all, earthquakes and tsunamis are a complementary pair. With earthquake, tsunamis comes along, and there's basically no way to avoid/prevent it... People are feeding and surviving on debris as we speak right now... and that is so heartwrenching.

I know my words right now wouldn't help, and while I'm physically unable to support the Japanese/victims of the Earthquake right now, I'd love to offer some financial support and make some donations when organizations like Red Cross and Salvation Army open financial aid to them. :( I know nobody reads this blog of mine, but really, try to offer any help whenever you can to those victims.

The earthquake really got me thinking about how fragile life is, really. I've friends who were in neighbouring countries and I was SCARED SHITLESS of how they might possibly get affected. I honestly feel for those who might friends or relatives inside Japan right now. :( Fingers crossed, and I'll be praying for them.

Life is fragile, really. A little crack, and it's gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment